Reminder for NHS Trusts, CSUs, CCGs, NHS England, HSCIC,
Public Health England and Local Authorities.
[Data Service for Commissioners and Local Area Team/Region/Hosted
Body should follow the appropriate guidance issued by HSCIC
or NHS England.]
Please can we remind organisations to ensure they carry out all the
appropriate processes to publish their version 12 assessment on
time by 31st March 2015.
Important: The report for the Care Quality Commission
will be run on Wed 1 April 2015 and therefore any
‘unpublished’ assessments will be included in the report with that status.
Please ensure you have completed all of these steps (where applicable):
- IGT User to mark each “Requirement as Complete”.
- IGT Reviewer role to mark each “Requirement Confirmed Complete”.
- IGT Reviewer role to select “Assessments” on the left-hand menu
and then click the “Confirm” button (which only appears when all
requirements have been confirmed as complete).
- IGT User / Reviewer to ensure the Information Governance Senior
Management details are complete – this is mandatory for some organisation
types and (in some cases) will not allow you to publish your assessment
without doing this.
- IGT Administrator role to select “Assessments” on the left-hand menu
and then click the “Publish” button.
- IGT Administrator role to read and accept the “IG Assurance Statement”.
Further guidance on completing the IG Toolkit assessment can be found on the
Help page of the IG Toolkit. If this the ‘Help’ link does not work please
enter this url into your web browser https://www.igt.hscic.gov.uk/help.aspx
IMPORTANT: By publishing the assessment the organisation is confirming
that this is the final version, no further changes are needed and the
assessment has been signed off by the board/senior management.