Please can we remind organisations to ensure they carry out all the appropriate
processes to publish their version 11 assessment on time. Important:
The report for the Care Quality Commission is to be sent on Tuesday 1 April 2013
and therefore any unpublished assessments will be included in the report with that
For the NHS Trusts, CSUs, CCGs, NHS England, HSCIC, Public Health England and
Social Care/Local Authorities please ensure you have completed all of these steps:
- IGT User to mark each “Requirement as Complete”.
- IGT Reviewer role to mark each “Requirement Confirmed Complete”.
- IGT Reviewer role to select “Assessments” on the left-hand menu and
then click the “Confirm” button (which only appears when all requirements
have been confirmed as complete).
- IGT User/ Reviewer to ensure the Information Governance Senior Management
details are complete – this is mandatory and you will not be able to publish
your assessment without doing this.
- IGT Administrator role to select “Assessments” on the left-hand menu and then click the “Publish” button.
- IGT Administrator role to read and accept the “IG Assurance Statement”.
For other organisations (GPs, community pharmacy, DACs, dental practices,
eye care services, AQP clinical, AQP non-clinical, NHS Business Partners,
CTPs, secondary use organisations, voluntary organisations, hosted secondary
use teams working to the 31st March deadline), please complete these steps:
- Answer each IG Toolkit requirement (ensure a score is recorded for each requirement) - please see the relevant Help topic How to Complete Your Assessment:
- Select “Assessments” on the left-hand menu and then click the “Publish” button (which only appears when all questions have been answered).
- Read and accept the “IG Assurance Statement”.
IMPORTANT: When an organisation publishes their assessment they are confirming
that this is the final version, no changes are needed and the assessment has been
signed off by the board/senior management. This is applicable to ALL organisation types.
Please note: Data Service for Commissioners and Area Team/Region/Hosted Body
should complete and submit IG Toolkit assurance as advised by their respective
governing bodies, either HSCIC or NHS England. Separate guidance has been
issued by the relevant bodies.